Values and Customer Service Standards
We listen and communicate in a way that is clear, timely, and customer-focused. We will:
- Clearly express ideas, opinions, and information verbally and in writing.
- Create effective messages for customers.
- Actively listen to identify important information.
- Recognize the ideas, opinions, and contributions of colleagues and customers.
We are empowered to take action, understanding the risks and challenges to promote success. We will:
- Be accountable and assist others until a resolution has been reached, focusing on what can be done, not what can't be done.
- Tell the truth, taking care to state the message in a way that can best be heard by others.
- Seek to understand any issue or situation before responding fully.
- Understand the boundaries of WSU policies and procedures, developing strategies for improvement.
Diversity and Inclusion
We recognize and celebrate differences and similarities, treat all individuals with dignity, and seek opportunities to teach, learn, and benefit from each other. We will:
- Support opportunity for all by creating a climate of inclusion.
- Attend workshops/events to learn and educate others about diversity, sharing our own stories.
- Engage in discussions of diversity and how it impacts our students and the campus community.
- Treat everyone with respect and understanding.
We commit to meeting the needs of our customers in a compassionate and understanding manner. We will:
- Educate customers on our policies, procedures, and practices.
- Actively listen to concerns and utilize campus connections to find solutions, making referrals as needed.
- Proactively identify and resolve customer issues.
- Share customer concerns and gather feedback to improve services.
We work together to obtain the best outcome for our customers. We will:
- Partner with others in a welcoming, open, and participative way.
- Communicate with other team members, actively engaging in team meetings and project activities.
- Understand and support each team's purpose and the roles of each team member.
- Share credit for successes with team members.
Trust and Accountability
We build relationships with customers that foster confidence, integrity, and reliability. We will:
- Provide timely follow through on requests and assignments, aligning actions with promises.
- Be honest and transparent in our behavior and communication.
- Extend each of ourselves to be of service to others.
- Ensure transparency in reporting, processes, and services.